Learn the ABCs of reading, science and socialization this fall with early childhood classes at the Schaumburg Park District.
From autumn-themed programs to classes designed to boost the kindergarten experience, the District offers something for every young child.
Among new classes this fall is Saturday Enrichment. Starting Sept. 24, children ages 5 to 6 will focus on their burgeoning kindergarten skills, including writing numbers and letters and learning sight words. Also new is Spooky Science on Oct. 19, when children will conduct creepy experiments resulting in fizzy eyeballs, glow-in-the-dark hands and erupting pumpkins.
“We’ve added some great programs that are both knowledge-based and fun,” said Teresa Varco, early childhood supervisor. “Classes through the District are an excellent way to help children with their socialization skills, growth and development.”
A variety of classes also are available for babies and toddlers, including Saturday Play School, a weekly program allowing children ages 1 to 2 to participate in creative movement, circle time and free play.
Early childhood classes take place at the Pat Shephard Center, 421 N. Springinsguth Road; Community Recreation Center, 505 N. Springinsguth Road and Meineke Recreation Center, 220 E. Weathersfield Way.
Other upcoming early childhood classes include:
- Mad Science, 4-5 p.m., Sept. 26, MRC (ages 4-5)
- Pee Wee PJ Party, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Sept. 30, CRC (ages 3 ½ -6)
- Cinderella’s Pumpkin Ball, 6:15-7:15 p.m., Sept. 29, CRC (ages 3-6)
- Fall Fun with Our Friend, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Nov. 9, CRC (ages 2 ½ -4)
- Minion “Drive in”, 4-6 p.m., Nov. 14, Pat Shephard Center (ages 5-6)
- Building Buddies, 6-7 p.m., Mondays, Nov. 17-Nov. 28, Pat Shephard Center (ages 4-6)
- Turkey Fun, 10-11 a.m., Nov. 19, Pat Shephard Center (ages 2-6)
For more information, call (847) 490-7036 or visit www.parkfun.com.