Don’t let the cold weather make you restless – swim, sweat and stay fit at Schaumburg Park District.
Schaumburg Park District will offer special hours at its facilities during winter break.
The Community Recreation Center and The Water Works, 505 N. Springinsguth Road are open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with limited hours. Meineke Recreation Center, 220 E. Weathersfield Way and Schaumburg Tennis Plus, 1416 N. Payne Road, are open Dec. 24 and closed Dec. 25.
Hours and activities include:
- Open swim, noon-8 p.m., Dec. 22, Dec. 26-29 and Jan. 2-5, at The Water Works. The water park also is open noon-4:30 p.m., Dec. 24 and 31. Admission is $5 for youth residents ages 3-17, $7 for youth non-residents, $7 for adult residents and $9 for adult non-residents.
- Adult lap swim, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Dec. 25 and 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Jan. 1.
- CRC fitness center is open 6 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Dec. 24; 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Dec. 25; 6 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Dec. 31 and 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Jan. 1.
- MRC fitness center is open 6 a.m.-5 p.m., Dec. 24; 6 a.m.-5 p.m., Dec. 31 and 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Jan. 1.
- STP fitness center is open 6 a.m.-5 p.m., Dec. 24; 6 a.m.-5 p.m., Dec. 31 and 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Jan. 1.
- Grounds and trails at Spring Valley are open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Heritage Farm is closed for the season. Spring Valley Nature Center museum exhibits are open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m daily and closed Dec. 25 and Jan.1.