Spring Valley will bring their outreach program to your site. Topics include forests, worms, spiders, owls, food chains, food webs, weltands and the water cycle. Students will participate in hands-on activities, songs and games. Programs may be adapted to students in grades one through six and are correlated with Illinois State Standards. Student resources and teacher resources are available for these programs.
Call 847/985-2100 to invite a naturalist from Spring Valley Nature Center to visit your class for a fun-filled session today!
Programs by Grade Level
- Grade 1: Food Chains; Spiders; The Water Cycle
- Grade 2: Forests; Food Chains; Spiders; The Water Cycle; Spiders; Worms
- Grade 3: Forests; Food Chains; Spiders; The Water Cycle; Spiders; Worms
- Grade 4: Forests; Food Webs; Owls; The Water Cycle; Wetlands ; Worms
- Grade 5: Food Webs; Owls; The Water Cycle; Wetlands
- Grade 6: Food Webs; Owls; The Water Cycle; Wetland Investigations
Take the program survey
For program descriptions and more information, download the Spring Valley Outreach Program Guide (PDF) or view it below.