We are committed to serving our community by providing recreation and leisure opportunities that meet the needs and expectations of residents. To measure how well this goal is being met, the District periodically undertakes a Citizen Attitude and Interest Survey. The 2022 Citizen Attitude and Interest Survey was conducted by ETC Institute, an independent company that specializes in asking park district residents for opinions of leisure services in their community. Results are statistically compiled to tell the District’s elected officials and staff how residents regard the District’s programs, facilities and services. The survey delves into experiences with the Schaumburg Park District, as well as the services and facilities residents would like the District to focus on.
of households rated Park District parks as “excellent” or “good” (12 percent higher than the national average).
of households rated Park District programs as “excellent” or “good” (12 percent higher than the national average).
of households indicated the Park District is the organization used the most for indoor and outdoor recreation activities (28 percent higher than the national average).
of respondents indicated they were “very satisfied” or “somewhat satisfied” with the overall value their household receives from the Park District.
Resident Facility Priorities:
District Facility Projects Addressing Priorities:
- Fitness and Exercise Facilities
- Walking and Biking Trails
- Nature Areas
- The Water Works South Lobby Renovation (2023)
- Heritage Farm at Spring Valley Visitor Center Renovation (2023)
- Meineke Recreation Center Gym Renovation (2022)
- Timbercrest Pickleball Courts (2022)
- Schaumburg Tennis Plus Roof Replacement and HVAC Upgrade (2022)
- The Sport Center Roof Replacement and HVAC Upgrade (2022)
- The Sport Center Agility Room (2021)
Resident Program Priorities:
District Initiatives Addressing Program Priorities:
- Adult Fitness & Wellness Programs
- Outdoor Music/Concerts
- Senior Programs
- The Sport Center Agility Room (New in 2021)
- Fit4Tennis Group Fitness Class (New in 2022)
- The District is currently hiring a Supervisor of Senior Programs.
Click here to read the full report from ETC Institute.