Please note: Nursery services are not available at this time.
NEW! Outdoor Fitness Classes!
Get back into a fitness routine with our new outdoor fitness series! The schedule, which includes some of our most popular classes, includes:
Mon, 9 a.m. - Barre (Aileen)
Monday, 6 p.m. - Cycle (Phil)
Tue, 8:30 a.m. - Cycle (Andrea)
Tue, 6 p.m. - Strength (Phil)
Wed, 8:30 a.m.- Yoga (Andrea)
Thur, 9 a.m. - Strength (Kim)
Thur, 5:30 p.m.- HIIT (Alexis)
Classes run for one hour and are $8 each. Registration for each class closes 24 hours prior to the start of the class. Classes meet under the tent at the CRC. Participants will be spread out to allow for social distancing.
Participants should bring their own mat. All equipment will be sanitized before and after each class. Register here!
New! Outdoor Tai Chi
Tai Chi is an exercise and martial art that helps develop a sense of well-being and awareness of the body, mind and spirit. Movements are executed slowly and precisely to teach proper body alignment.
Classes begin Saturday, June 27 and run through Aug. 15 at Meineke Park, 220 E. Weathersfield Way. Class times include:
10:15 a.m. Beginner (31918)
11:30 a.m. - Int/Adv (31919)
Each class will have two instructors and run for one hour.
Cost is $62 for residents and $82 for non-residents. Online registration is available here.
Aqua Fitness Classes at Meineke Pool
Join us Monday-Friday at Meineke Recreation Center Pool, 220 E. Weathersfield Way, for our Power Splash aqua fitness class! Class times include 8-8:50 a.m. and 9:15-10:05 a.m. Classes will be held in the shallow end of the pool.. Click here for more information.
Lap swim is available for members only at The Water Works (6 a.m.-8 p.m., Monday -Friday, and 6 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturday-Sunday) Schaumburg Tennis Plus (6 a.m.-9 p.m., Monday-Friday and 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday).
Lap swim is also available at Meineke Pool for members and non-members (6-8 a.m. and 11 a.m.-noon, Monday-Friday). Cost is $8.
Lap swim will be available in 45-minute time frames (with 15 minutes per hour allotted for cleaning).
Reservations are required and can be made online 24 hours in advance (same-day reservations are not available online). Day-of reservations can only be made by calling the facility.
Reserve your time here or call 847-490-2505 (CRC), 847-884-0678 (STP), or 847-985-2144 (MRC).
For instructions on making an online reservation, click here.
Please note the following:
- Lifeguards are NOT on duty. Swimming is at your own risk.
- Hot tub and dive well are NOT available.
- Locker rooms will be closed, there will be a restroom and an area for changing if needed, but we encourage patrons to come ready to swim.
- Doors will be locked until five minutes prior to each scheduled swim time.
Let us help you on the road to health and wellness!
From full-service fitness centers, group fitness classes and a variety of wellness programs and seminars, we have what you need to be your best you!
Our state-of-the-art fitness centers include:
Fitness Unlimited PLUS
Fitness Unlimited Plus allows members to take an unlimited amount of fitness classes. Fitness Unlimited Plus includes additional classes not available with the Fitness Unlimited punch card, including TRX, Cycle, Zumba, Zumba Gold and RIP. Get more information here.
Fitness Unlimited offers a variety of group land and aqua classes for all fitness levels at several locations... all in one card, all for one price! Get more information here.
We offer a variety of health and fitness programs.. Pre-registration is required. Classes include:
- 5K Training Program: Improve your running whether you are a beginner striving for your first 5K or a seasoned runner looking to set a new personal record. Learn proper running technique, the importance of cross-training and recovery as well as how to increase your distance and pace.
- Ageless Grace: Ageless Grace is a fun, creative, playful exercise program practiced to music in a chair. Ageless Grace is an Anti-Aging fitness program for body and BRAIN based on the Science of Neuroplasticity.
- Aqkwontae/Water Kickboxing: Fitness kickboxing is taken to the water to provide a great cardiovascular workout. Use low impact kickboxing techniques against water's natural resistance.
- BOSU Mobility and Stability for Active Aging: BOSU Mobility and Stability offer participants a unique approach to exercise that includes cardiovascular, strength and active flexibility range of motion movements on both the floor and the BOSU Balance Trainer.
- Couch to Cardio: If you’ve wanted to try a group fitness class but felt too awkward or out of shape to try, then this class is for you! Learn how to move the body to become stronger and more fit.
- Cycle: This class has you riding to the rhythm of powerful music, while losing inches and toning muscles.
- Tai Chi: Tai Chi is a health exercise and martial art. Develop an awareness of the body, mind and spirit. Movements are executed slowly and precisely to learn proper body alignment. Gain a sense of well being.
- Triathlon Training: Improve your swimming, running and biking whether you’re considering trying a triathlon for the first time or a seasoned veteran. Coached by triathlon veterans who understand the joys, benefits and challenges of training for triathlons while balancing work and family. Come to the first class prepared to swim!
- Yoga: Class is great for stress reduction, relaxing stretching, energizing breathing practices, dynamic strengthening posture, increasing flexibility and improving overall health.
- ZUMBA: Dance your way to a fitter you with exciting and unique Latin moves and rhythms.
- Zumba Gold: The easy-to-follow program that lets you move to the beat at your own speed. It's an invigorating, community-oriented dance-fitness class that feels fresh, and most of all, exhilarating!
- Zumba Kids: The Zumba Kids program is the ultimate dance-fitness party for young Zumba fans ages 7 to 11, where they can play it loud and rock with friends to their own rules! This program features age-appropriate music and moves that gets kids movin' to the beat.
We also offer youth fitness training orientations. Classes are added seasonally.
For additional fitness class offerings and schedules, visit the program guide. Online registration is available for many classes.
Select the right fitness membership for you and your family here!
Private & semi-private personal training sessions led by certified trainers are available at the Community Recreation Center, Meineke Recreation Center and Schaumburg Tennis Plus.