900 W. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg · 847-490-2505
Whether it's walking, fishing, picnicking, boating or simply sitting and enjoying the beautiful scenery, Volkening Lake has something for everyone.
Hours of Operation :
Walking Path/Fitness Area:
Canoe/Kayak/Paddleboat Rentals are CLOSED for the 2023 season, see you in 2024!
All rental fees include life jackets.
Rental Rules and Regulations:
- Children under 9 years old must be accompanied by an adult to use canoes or paddle boats.
- Life jackets must be worn at all times in a canoe or paddle boat.
- Tipping of canoes, water fights and general horse play will not be tolerated.
- Only two persons per two-man paddle boats and four persons per four-man paddle boats.
- Anyone not following all rules set up by the Schaumburg Park District will lose all boating privileges for the day.
- No wind surfing, inflatable mattresses, motorized personal watercraft or inner tubes allowed.
- Birthday parties
- Canoe, paddleboat and kayak rentals
- Fishing (must have an Illinois Fishing License)
- Fitness area has has equipment to provide a full body workout including cardio and body weight machines and pull up bars.
- Tribute Park is located at Volkening Lake. Pathway stones are available for purchase, view order form here.
View Larger Map