Welcome Parkfun Volunteers!
Thanks for your interest in our volunteer program! By joining the Parkfun Volunteer program, you will become one of the dedicated individuals providing quality service and improving the quality of life in our community.
Share your time with us while making new friends, learning new skills and having fun!
As a volunteer, you will earn Parkfun Points and be invited to an annual appreciation reception.
Let's get started!
- Mail or drop off a completed Volunteer Application.
- Upon receipt of your application, we will send you a volunteer interest form and a criminal background check consent form.
- Please complete and return both forms to any Schaumburg Park District facility.
- Once the forms are processed, you will be able to start volunteering!
- You will receive a Parkfun Volunteer name tag to wear during events and programs at which you volunteer.
- You will be contacted with final details two weeks prior to the event/program you selected on your volunteer interest form.
- At the event/program, you will need to sign in with the event supervisor and sign out before you leave.
- You will lead activities with the participants and stay to help with cleanup.
- There will be additional Parkfun perks for your continued support.
Forms and Information
Our Junior Leaders program is for enthusiastic 13-15 year-olds who want to become leaders and potential staff members.
This fun experience is a great way to introduce the concept of employment responsibilities to teens. Junior Leaders are volunteers and will interact with young children, peers and adults in a work setting.
- Complete and submit the application and required forms to the Pat Shephard Center by Friday, May 8, 2020.
- Once the application has been submitted, call the Pat Shephard Center at 847-490-7036 to set up an interview.
- Emails will be sent to participants accepted into the program. Once accepted, Pat Shephard Center staff will register Junior Leader Program participants (Barcode 30860). There is a required fee of $40 for residents and $50 for non-residents. Registration must be completed at the Pat Shephard Center—it cannot be completed online.