As COVID-19 continues to impact our community and country, we hope that all of our patrons remain safe and healthy. With Tuesday's announcement by Governor Pritzker that Illinois is moving to stricter Phase 4, Tier 3mitigations, we are making modifications to our operations. The following changes take effect tomorrow, Friday, Nov. 20:
- All in-person programs will be postponed or moved to a virtual format wherever possible (this change is expected to last at least two weeks). Instructors will notify patrons if a class is being moved to a virtual format. One-on-one lessons, both in-person and virtual, will continue to run.
- All dance classes will move to Zoom starting Friday, Nov. 20. There will be no dance classes Nov. 23 and Nov. 25-28 due to Thanksgiving (make-up dance classes will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 24 via Zoom).
- Karate classes will move to Zoom beginning Saturday, Nov. 21.
KASPER V-LEARNING and PRESCHOOL
KASPER V-Learning and Preschool classes will remain open as an essential service.
Fitness centers will remain open at 25% capacity.
- Per the updated order, masks will be required at all times, even while exercising.
- Fitness locker rooms* are closed. Please come ready to workout. Restrooms will be available.
*Pool locker rooms are available.
Parks and playgrounds will remain open. Please practice social distancing and wear a mask when other patrons are present.
Schaumburg Park District is committed to the health and safety of our guests and staff. The District continues to monitor the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, along with the guidelines and safety information released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health.
How we're helping to keep you safe:
- Enter and exit signage
- 6-ft. social distancing signage
- Installation of glass dividers at front desks
- Fitness and program equipment spaced out to ensure social distancing
- Online registration and reservations
- Enhanced cleaning schedules
- Limited entry into facilities
- Availability of hand sanitizer for guests and participants
- Signage asking all guests to self-monitor their health before entering facilities
- Exterior drop-off and pick-up for KASPER V-Learning.
Rules and protocols to keep you safe:
- In accordance with State of Illinois guidelines, masks covering the mouth and nose are required in all facilities at ALL times. Exceptions may be made for patrons with medical conditions.
- Patrons should maintain 6 feet of social distance from others while on District grounds.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, or have had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please do not enter any Schaumburg Park District facility.
- If a District member, participant or family member has tested positive for COVID-19, please contact us at 847-985-2115.
Additional amenities currently available:
- Fitness centers are open to members, reservations are required.
- Schaumburg Golf Club is open.
- Bison's Bluff is open.
- K-9 Dog Park is open to dog park members.
- Outdoor tennis courts are open.
- Parks and playgrounds are open. Playground capacity is 50 patrons
- Outdoor basketball courts are open.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times. For more information, please call 847-985-2115.