Oliver Jr. | Nov. 19-21
TICKETS ON SALE NOW! Click here to purchase!
Presale tickets: Adults $15 | Youth $10 (plus service charge)
Day-of tickets: Adult $17 | Youth $12 (plus service charge). Online sales will close two hours prior to event and will open at the CRC one hour before event.
Oliver Jr. is the Broadway Junior version of Lionel Bart's classic musical based on the Charles Dickens' novel, Oliver Twist. The streets of Victorian England come to life as Oliver, a malnourished orphan in a workhouse, becomes the neglected apprentice of an undertaker. Oliver escapes to London and finds acceptance amongst a group of petty thieves and pickpockets led by the elderly Fagin. When Oliver is captured for a theft he did not commit, the benevolent victim, Mr. Brownlow takes him in. Fearing the safety of his hideout, Fagin employs the sinister Bill Sikes and the sympathetic Nancy to kidnap him back, threatening Oliver's chances of discovering the true love of a family.
Actors age 7 years and older may audition.
Drama classes for children and adults are available each season. Offerings includes auditioning workshops, acting classes and improvisation courses. View the program guide for current programs.
Rules and Expectations of Actors
In order for a safe and fun theatrical experience, staff asks actors to follow these guidelines:
- Respect yourself and each other. Actors are all on the same team working together to create the best show possible. Let’s have fun with it!
- Registration and payment are due no later than the end of the All Cast & Parent Meeting. Payment is non-refundable.
- Cell phone use is not permitted during rehearsals or performances. Phones are to be on either silent or vibrate.
- There may be slow points during some rehearsals. Feel free to bring something to do quietly such as homework or a book to read.
- Attendance is very important! There are only a few weeks to take the play from page to the stage. You must have a written note prior to the missed rehearsal to be excused from any rehearsal. Missing technical rehearsals or performances is unacceptable.
- You will likely be asked to supply part or all of your costume, or pay a costume rental fee (this depends on your role in the play). A costume guide will be issued at a later date. Come to rehearsals dressed for movement.
- Only bottled water will be allowed at rehearsals and performances. Do not bring money for the vending machines. Gum is not allowed.
- If you do not drive yourself and your ride is not present to pick you up immediately following rehearsals, return to the rehearsal space and wait with the production team.
- Leave valuable items at home.
- Actors are not to leave the rehearsal space without permission.
For more information, contact the cultural arts supervisor at 847-490-7015.