Matilda the Musical Jr. | March 16-19
Performances: March 16 at 7 p.m. | March 17 at 7 p.m. | March 18 at 7 p.m. | March 19 at 2 p.m.
Your printed receipt is your ticket. If you purchase tickets for multiple shows, please print the receipt for each performance. There are no exchanges or refunds.
Matilda, a little girl with astonishing wit, intelligence and psychokinetic powers, lives with cruel parents who find her to be a nuisance. When Matilda enters her first term at school, she captures the attention of Miss Honey, a kind teacher, and the two form a wonderful friendship. Unfortunately, the school is ruled by a tempestuous and mean headmistress named Miss Trunchbull, who hates children and delivers cruel and unjust punishments. Join us as we tell the story of an extraordinary girl who, armed with vivid imagination and a sharp mind, dares to take a stand and change her own destiny.
Drama classes for children and adults are available each season. Offerings includes auditioning workshops, acting classes and improvisation courses. View the program guide for current programs.
Rules and Expectations of Actors
In order for a safe and fun theatrical experience, staff asks actors to follow these guidelines:
- Respect yourself and each other. Actors are all on the same team working together to create the best show possible. Let’s have fun with it!
- Registration and payment are due no later than the end of the All Cast & Parent Meeting. Payment is non-refundable.
- Cell phone use is not permitted during rehearsals or performances. Phones are to be on either silent or vibrate.
- There may be slow points during some rehearsals. Feel free to bring something to do quietly such as homework or a book to read.
- Attendance is very important! There are only a few weeks to take the play from page to the stage. You must have a written note prior to the missed rehearsal to be excused from any rehearsal. Missing technical rehearsals or performances is unacceptable.
- You will likely be asked to supply part or all of your costume, or pay a costume rental fee (this depends on your role in the play). A costume guide will be issued at a later date. Come to rehearsals dressed for movement.
- Only bottled water will be allowed at rehearsals and performances. Do not bring money for the vending machines. Gum is not allowed.
- If you do not drive yourself and your ride is not present to pick you up immediately following rehearsals, return to the rehearsal space and wait with the production team.
- Leave valuable items at home.
- Actors are not to leave the rehearsal space without permission.
For more information, contact the cultural arts supervisor at 847-490-7015.