201 S. Plum Grove Road, Schaumburg · 847-985-2102
Step back into the 1880s for a look at when Schaumburg was a rural German farm community. On a visit to Volkening Heritage Farm, you can help with seasonal farm chores, participate in family activities and games of the 1880s or simply visit the livestock and soak in the quiet. Authentically dressed interpreters welcome and guide visitors through the site. Heritage Farm also offers a variety of school programs as well as programs for the general public.
Hours of Operation
- Farm & Visitor Center - Saturday & Sunday, 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Farm Grounds & Trails - Daily, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Visitors are limited in each building (Visitor Center/Museum Store and Farmhouse) to six people maximum per half-hour, Visitors are encouraged to make a reservation by calling (847) 985-2102. Walk-ins will be admitted when space is available.
- Interior restrooms are not open to the public at this time. Portable toilets are available adjacent to all facilities.
- It is anticipated that these facilities will expand open hours in May and into the summer.
Admission to Heritage Farm is FREE; however, admission during scheduled special events may require an entrance fee.